Questions about the precision and interaction of the printed materials with their future application matrix are important for all industries. However, these requirements are of particular interest in the medical environment, where biological compatibility and long-term stability are of particular importance. Medical technology companies are also faced with the question of whether this modern manufacturing technology should only be used in prototype and individualized sample development or also in series production. Costs and benefits have to be assessed very individually. The Transactions on AMMM will focus on these questions, with particular emphasis on the medical device regulation of patient-specific devices.
Topics of the Transactions on AMMM include, but are not limited to:
- Application fields in various body regions: Hard tissue (cranium, extremities, thorax, etc.); soft tissue (brain, heart, liver, kidney, lung, skin, vessels, etc.);
- With foci on diagnostics and therapy in internal medicine, ophthalmology, neo and prenatal medicine, dentistry, nuclear medicine, maxillofacial surgery, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, etc;
- Rehabilitation, veterinarian medicine, cosmetic medicine, medical education and training as well as forensic medicine;
- Special emphasis is also given to personalized medicine with applications in endoprothetics, exoprothetics, special aids (e.g. hearing aids), implants, etc;
- Novel drug delivery systems for controlled release of pharmaceutical active ingredients (API)
Besides medical case studies, dedicated technology is in the focus of the conference:
- Print model design: Construction/structural design, data preprocessing, data extraction
- Printing technologies: Bioprinting (cell printing), stereolithografie (SL), laser sinter (LS), laser-beam melting (LBM), electron-beam melting (EBM), fused layer modelling/manufacturing (FLM);
- Technology development: New printing techniques, new print materials, printing technique improvement, precision improvement, sterilized printing, postprocessing techniques;
- Material science: Biocompatibility, material properties, soft and elastic medical devices.
In view of all the point above, emphasis is given to
- Medical device regulation of patient-specific devices